In computer networking, the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a protocol used to provide quick, automatic configuration of IP addresses and other related network parameters to hosts on a network. The Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a network architecture that uses the concepts of application-aware networking and centralized automation to simplify data center network management.
The DHCP relay agent feature is available in Cisco ACI Version 2.1(1i) and later.
The agent can be configured to:
- Relay DHCP messages from DHCP clients to DHCP servers.
- Optionally, act as a DHCP server for DHCP clients that are on the same subnet as the agent.
- Optionally, provide DHCP snooping to allow only DHCP messages from authorized DHCP servers to be forwarded.
- Optionally, provide DHCP option 82 to allow the DHCP server to identify the DHCP client’s source IP address.
The DHCP relay agent is configured using the following parameters:
- DHCP server IP address: The IP address of the DHCP server to which the DHCP messages are to be forwarded.
- DHCP client IP address: The IP address of the DHCP client from which the DHCP messages are to be received.
- DHCP snooping: If enabled, only DHCP messages from authorized DHCP servers are forwarded.
- DHCP option 82: If enabled, the DHCP server can identify the DHCP client’s source IP address.
The DHCP relay agent is configured using the following steps:
- Log in to the Cisco ACI APIC GUI.
- Navigate to the Fabric > Access Policies > DHCP Relay Agents page.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the DHCP server IP address.
- Enter the DHCP client IP address.
- Select the DHCP snooping check box, if desired.
- Select the DHCP option 82 check box, if desired.
- Click the Submit button.
The DHCP relay agent is now configured.
Cisco Aci Integration With Cisco Ave
Read about Cisco aci integration with cisco ave and learn more!
Cisco Aci Fibre Channel
Read about Cisco aci fibre channel and learn more!
Cisco Aci Anywhere Configuration
Read about Cisco aci anywhere configuration and learn more!
Cisco Aci Interview Questions
Read about Cisco aci interview questions and learn more!